Cigarettes in Review: Part 3: American (cont.)

American Spirit (Yellow): These feature all natural tobacco, which has made them popular with the alternative crowd as well as with the neo-hippies. They have a strong nicotine kick, but the flavor is harsh and has a blunt, charred taste. Also they have a poor draw. Vastly overrated. Really, don't smoke these.

Nat Sherman’s – Nat Sherman started as a tobacconist in New York in 1930. Nat Sherman all natural cigarettes are American classics, and the company history and tradition adds to the smoking experience . They come in elegant boxes and a variety of styles, and the cigarettes themselves are noticeably well constructed. And while I am hostile to light cigarettes it should be remarked that the various Nat Sherman lights are lighter not because they contain filler, but because of different filters and milder blends. (Note: many Nat Sherman styles are brown cigarettes and I have (for whatever reason) an aversion to smoking brown cigarettes, even though (oddly enough) I smoke cigars on occasion. Go figure.)

Nat Sherman Classics (King Size Filters): A powerful, good tasting cigarette. They burn slower since they lack additives. Their second hand smoke is more copious than other cigarettes, and I find that if I smoke them regularly I tire of them.

Nat Sherman Turkish Ovals: Not really a Turkish cigarette at all. Harsh. I don’t think they sell these anymore.

Nat Sherman Cigaretellos Non-Filter: Straightforward. A nice cigarette, in flavor not as nuanced as a Sweet Afton’s. Unfortunately these only come in brown, and I have (for whatever reason) an aversion to smoking brown cigarettes, even though (oddly enough) I smoke cigars on occasion. Go figure.

Nat Sherman Havana Ovals: An oval shaped non-filter that at one time used actual Havana tobacco. Strong cigar overtones (intentionally). Too odd for my taste, but maybe not too odd for you, since if you're reading this, you must be at least somewhat odd.

Nat Sherman MCD (filters): These are quite good, slightly less than normal gauge cigarettes, with a balanced, nutty flavor, easy draw, and more pleasant second hand smoke than most of the other Sherman’s. Unfortunately these only come in brown, and I have (for whatever reason) an aversion to smoking brown cigarettes, even though (oddly enough) I smoke cigars on occasion. Go figure.

Comments

  1. some good fuckin reviews! keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hardly ever post here, I mostly focus on my other crap-fest ADC.

    Speaking of roll up tobaccosm is missing my last post here, which mentioned a few I like is missing. What the hell?

    I don't think we have Champion Ruby in the US. I like the new Drum OK (nowhere near as much as the old Drum). I'd expect there to be Bali Shag in Australia, you should check it, the Blue is dutch style the white is a milder dutch style. High quality leaf, no eyes, etc.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way click the link RYO (for Roll Your Own Magazine) on the sidebar for reviews of all kinds of tobaccos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. American Spirit, Light Blue 100% additive free. RYO!!! THE BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FreedomPop is Britian's first ABSOLUTELY FREE mobile communications provider.

    Voice, text and data plans always start at £0.00/month (100% FREE CALLS).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gracefully written information on this blog are going to support me for my coming assignments. Every point was very clear and taught me few new parameters. I would like to use this information in coming future. Buy duty free cigarettes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hangover Cures

For a limited time only